Daily independent weather forecasts for the Kansas City area

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Storm Chase Sound Seeing Tour

I was able to salvage some of the audio from my microcassette recorder to bring you a little glimpse into my chase on Saturday. We ended up chasing near Colby, KS in a very margional severe weather setup. Although we didn't see anything spectacular, it's always fun to get out and enjoy the beauty of an evolving thunderstorm.

The VACUUM (Valparaiso Alumni Chasing Under Updafts and Mesocyclones) members chasing this time were:

Jared "Storm Swami" Guyer
Greg "Satellite Boy" Gallina
John "Over Under" Massura
Matt "Internet Boy" Hartman

The Rotating Gyer Chase Blog

2 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Ed one of these days you are gunna worry your Ma and me half ta death!

Actually I see Jacob driving the car and you working the camcorder....

Sigh...

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Ed said...

Of course! It's much easier to look at the sky when you don't have to look at the road ahead of you! This was actually one of the first chases I've been on where I was the driver". Most of the time I've been the team leader for the vehicle, sitting in the passenger seat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home