Daily independent weather forecasts for the Kansas City area

Monday, January 03, 2005

Reply to a previous post on another blog

I thought I'd post a reply I sent to my friend Steve's blog to keep the ol' blog from getting the axe. Steve is being used by the Lord in a mighty way on the internet, though it may not seem like it at times from the perspective of a barely employed former seminary student. I love you brother!
----------------------------------------------
The devastation is pretty hard to fathom... that's a definite. I never really put the amount of people displaced into something we can relate to (all of Cook county? ...amazing). But what strikes me just about as hard as the pictures of entire villages swept away, the numbers of peopled killed and displaced, etc., is the fact that most of these people never new Jesus Christ as their savior.

In a way, this is where much more of the tragedy lies than the simple loss of life, displacement of people, and economic impact. Of course, thousands of people in this part of the world die each year from natural causes without knowing Jesus, let alone those in our own backyard.One thing I can take heart in, is that not only am I saved by the blood of Jesus, but that this may one more sign that precedes the second coming of Christ. As a favorite hymm of mine goes...
"When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be! When we all see Jesus we'll sing and shout the victory!"
Speaking somewhat selfishly, with all the stress in my life right now, it'd really be nice to just shove it all aside right now for all of eternity :^).
-------------------------------------------------------

For all zero of you that frequent my never-updated blog, I'll try to post forecast discussions again on the web as soon as I get out from underneath the crushing pile of stress my job has put on me. Hopefully things will be better 2 weeks from now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home